Fire Jim Tracy

Monday, October 18, 2004

Belt...who?

I hesitate to post this, because I'm sure someone will misunderstand it. Yes, Carlos Beltran is having a singularly great post-season. Yes, he is one of the best players, if not the best, in the game. Yes, he is the premier free agent this winter. But, before you start adding a million for every diving catch he makes in center field, remember that Beltre does that at third...ALL...THE...TIME.

My point is not that Beltre is better than Beltran or more appropriate for the Dodgers to sign or vice versa. My views are expressed on that subject here. (See Comment - Jerry, this hyper-link thing is so cool.) I only want to point out that Boras is getting himself in a position to use our enthusiasm against us. No one player is the magic bullet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home