Fire Jim Tracy

Saturday, April 16, 2005

More Signs of the Times

Willie Randolph is out-managing Jack McKeon as we speak, as Todd Jones walks Miguel Cairo with two outs and a runner on second, and McKeon leaves him in to pitch to Carlos Beltran and Mike Piazza. No points for guessing how that turned out.

Or maybe that's par for the course. You tell me.

UPDATE: Florida gets hosed on a play at the plate, leading to Juan Encarnacion doubling with two outs to tie the score. Braden Looper is hopeless.

UPDATE 2: And the best setup man is baseball gives up a game-winning base hit to the Mets' backup catcher. This stuff writes itself.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I thought that was a pretty lame letter, too. Obviously this guy doesn't realize that once the three pitchers we have on the DL are back on the field in the next few weeks or so, three of those "law firm members" are going back down to the minors. Then I guess he'll be happy with the cost of our bullpen when you figure in the salaries of Alavarez, Dessens and Gagne. What a freaking moron. And I suppose he didn't see how they completely shut down the Gnats on opening day after Weaver's tank job, oh well...

    Steve, I also felt your pain last week when the Dodgers were in Arizona and were blacked out. I don't understand how Phoenix is in my market when I live in Provo, Utah. Kind of boggles my mind. Colorado I can kind of see, but Arizona?? As my friend GOB Bluth would say...Come on!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/16/2005 04:39:00 PM  

  • I'm a moron, I posted on the wrong article...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/16/2005 04:40:00 PM  

  • Just waiting for those FOX Bastards to pull the plug on my favorite show.

    By Blogger Steve, at 4/16/2005 04:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home