Fire Jim Tracy

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Things I Learned Today

1) I am an idiot.

2) Is it possible to have a division that nobody will win? Because that's the way the NL West looks to me right now.

3) Russ Ortiz may not be able to pitch a lick, but they signed him for his bat anyway.

4) I still hate the Yankees.

5) Lou Piniella is no Dusty Baker with his young pitchers; good they have nothing to play for.

6) Jim Edmonds can hit an opposite-field home run with a lunging check swing.

7) The Braves touted the comebacks of Brian Jordan and Raul Mondesi, then batted them 7th and 8th. I think it was Gene Mauch who said of the DH, "I still know who the other team's worst hitter is. The other manager tells me by batting him ninth." I believe something similar applies here.

8) Not to mention John Smoltz. It doesn't matter how many pitches you throw that sink two feet if no one swings at them. Since Dan Kolb sucks, Smoltz will be closing by May 15.

9) Morgan Ensberg is batting cleanup. My how the Astros have fallen.

10) Saves are still the dumbest stat in the book.

1 Comments:

  • you know, i was really disappointed yesterday because i wanted our guys to be brilliant, to prove the naysayers wrong, to not give Plaschkers and Simers any ammo. But in the light of a new day I realize it was 1 game out of 162. 1 loss out of the expected 70 or so losses we are going to have this year. so big effing deal. what really sticks in my craw is the spewing drivel that comes from those two nitwits at the Times today and we need you to gather your wits this morning and eviscerate them!! Criminy, it's Day 2 of the season and already it's doom and gloom...Beltre would have done this, Cora would have done that, Finley would have caught this, Green would have caught that. Who's to say that Beltre wouldn't have lunged at a 2 out, 2 strike slider in the dirt with 2 runners on? Who's to say that Green wouldn't have killed a rally with an inning ending double play or that Cora would have muffed a DP. it's all happened....

    by the way, I like the Blog name change. let's start a Nakamura campaign...i'll be dollars to donuts you bring him up and team fortunes immediately improve.
    rgds, will

    By Blogger walbers, at 4/06/2005 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home