Fire Jim Tracy

Monday, May 02, 2005

Why I Blog About the Dodgers

Every once in a while, I'll tell a friend of mine about this blog thing that I do. They ask me what it's about, and I tell them it's about generally, the Dodgers, and specifically, about their manager. After the obligatory "You must be crazy" stare, they generally ask me why I don't blog about something like politics or the law, topics I'm not unacquainted with.

Well, this is why.

I mean you have it all right here. Meaningless twaddle about some kind of media dinner. B level celebrities. Self-congratulation from stem to stern. The obligatory ghost-written jokes straight from a Bob Hope Special. The obligatory response from Republicans about just how cool we really are. The obligatory David Corn quote about the coming conservative crackup stemming from the meaningless twaddle about some kind of media dinner. I don't write about politics because you get everything you want to know from The Onion.

Sorry for the meaningless trip to Nowheresville, but I had to get that off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home